Position: Senior Researcher
Job Code: SR-SWP
Location: New Delhi, India
Type of Contract: Individual
Duration: 12 months (with three months probation, extendable, based on funding), full-time
About the Job
The Centre for Equity Studies (CES) is looking for a Senior Researcher for a study on “Sexual Harassment at the workplace”from the perspective of facilitating safe work spaces for women. The work will entail extensive qualitative field-research at different worksites in both informal and formal sector across the country to understand how state, policy, market and institutional failures contribute to reproducing relations of exploitation and inequality, gendered structures of violence and increasing vulnerabilityand harassment of women at work places.
While this would be her primary responsibility, the candidate will also be expected to provide research support around themes of exclusion, labour rights, unemployment, land rights, gender rights etc., as the research team might require from time to time.
Other responsibilities involve conceptualizing and executing short-term desk and field based studies from time to time to supplement the contents of the India Exclusion Report, our annual flagship project. The candidate will also be expected to coordinate with different stake holders, write project proposals and progress reports related to the same.
- Potential candidates should have a Master’s degree in Women’s Studies/Gender Studies,Labor studies, Development Studies, public policy social anthropology, sociology or any related social science discipline.
- Candidates with prior research experience in the area of gender, sexuality and violence will be preferred.
- Candidates should have 2-3 years of professional experience in the development sector and preferably in research related work.
- Candidate should have good writing skills in English and an understanding of issues related to exclusion and development.
- Cis-Woman and Trans-Woman candidates will be prioritized for the post.
- Between INR 28,000 – 45,000, based on academic and work-experience, as per the CES pay scale.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org